Tonight this conversation happened with Mason…
- Mason: Which president did they call Ike?
- Me: I believe that was Eisenhower
- Mason: Oh yeah. We learned about his political ads in class today. Do you remember those when they were on TV?
- Me: Um, Mason, I wasn’t even alive then.
- Mason: Oh…
- Me: I’m pretty sure that was like the 60’s.
- Mason: I think it was the 50’s actually.
Since when did I get to the age in life where I was made to feel old by teenagers? Or the age that it doesn’t really matter the number, only that I’m “old” and must know everything historically old. I guess around the same time I realized that 40 really isn’t old, and that my body gets fatter when I eat things like hamburgers and fries.
Well, on that note. Here are some childish items I’d like to fake shop for Christmas this year… Take that, teenager child of mine.