Sometimes I learn a little something that makes my life just a little better. I know, there’s life hacks all over the internet, but it still seems like things come up here and there that amaze me. Here are some of my favorites:
- Mascara: When I got married my friend did my makeup for me. Everything she did was basically amazing, but one tip I still use today… I brush my mascara down the tops of my eyelashes before I do the normal brush up.
- Eye makeup (mine is always smudgy out of the shower): I switched to using face lotion for this. One less product to buy, it works great, and I’m going to put it on my face anyway.
- Long-lasting lipstick: Face lotion also works pretty good, but I think chapstick works best. Plus you don’t run the risk of getting lotion in your mouth. It honestly still amazes me every time how easy it gets any lipstick off.
- Sticky jar labels: I love reusing jars for food, but the labels can be such a pain. The easiest way I’ve found is to take the paper off with water, then use nail polish remover for the sticky residue. It works wonders!
- Vinegar in laundry: We had a horrible old washer and dryer in our last apartment building that never seemed to clean our towels well. Then I learned the secret of adding a little vinegar in the wash. Fresher, and softer too!
- Grapes: After washing I put them in the fridge inside a half-full bowl of water. It keeps the grapes plump and delicious longer. (Thanks to my SIL Kelly for sharing this life tip years ago, it still amazes Tyler.)
- Lettuce: I always rinse then store in a ziploc bag or tupperwear container to keep it fresh longer. I’ve tried this with a few other veggies and it works for them too–similar to the grapes, occasionally I’ll add a tiny bit of water.
- Falling zippers: I have this one pair of jeans that the fly kept falling down. Google found me the perfect solution: put a key ring through the end of the zipper, then around the button.
What life hacks are your favorite? I want to learn some more!
And for a laugh.